Jeff Salkin hosts this education special (originally aired November 21, 2013) that takes a close look at the new Common Core State Standards and how students are being prepared in today's classroom for college, career and the workplace of tomorrow.
Leaders in Maryland K-12 education, higher education and business provide an insightful discussion about the how and why of education reform and what is being done to ready our children for a 21st century world.
This interactive hour features an expert panel speaking about the important instructional shift taking place in Maryland classrooms today.
• Lillian Lowery, Maryland State Superintendent
• Donald Fry, President/CEO, Greater Baltimore Committee
• Freeman Hrabowski, President UMBC
• Jack Smith, MSDE Chief Academic Officer
• Shannon Landefeld, Master Teacher/Reading Specialist, Tulip Grove Elementary School, Bowie
• April Jones, Principal, Woodlawn Middle School, Baltimore County
• Ray Leone, President of Maryland PTA
This program is a co-production of MPT and the Maryland State Department of Education.
This production is developed under a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the U.S. Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.