Maryland Farm & Harvest: Episode 203
Premiere air date: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 at 7pm on MPT-HD
- As part of the “Farm to Food Bank” program, generous local farmers work with the Maryland Food Bank to donate produce to needy people, all year round. https://www.mdfoodbank.org/
- Fast-growing fungi double in size every 24 hours, as Joanne learns during her trip to Philips Mushroom Farm in Warwick, Md. Mushrooms are planted and harvested 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—before they’re cleaned, packaged, and shipped across the Eastern United States. http://www.phillipsmushroomfarms.com/
- Students at North Harford High School are getting an ag education usually reserved for students much further along in their educational careers, thanks to a new magnet program that merges science and technology with barnyard basics.
- The Local Buy: Apple picking at Weber’s Cider Mill Farm in Baltimore County. http://www.weberscidermillfarm.com/
- Then & Now: Maryland Amish