Navigating the Road to Reentry: A Community Approach is an MPT initiative designed to educate the community about the facts surrounding prisoner reentry in Maryland and engage Marylanders in constructive dialogues about the shared implications of successful reentry programs. For related news and press releases, please click here.
Partnering with community groups and organizations, criminal justice, faith and victim support organizations, MPT will convene a number of community gatherings, addressing issues such as Families, Youth, and Education/Employment. Our goal is to engage the general public in discussions about the facts and challenges that face each group in particular, and provide an opportunity for active contributions to the reentry process.
To that end, several free community screening/discussion events will be held in a variety of public venues in the Baltimore/Washington area. Each event will include a screening of excerpts from one of our broadcasts, a discussion panel of local experts and/or a keynote speaker, as well as a related activity (e.g., material donations for reentry programs, mini job fair) that attendees can participate in. Printed resources, including Outside the Walls: A National Snapshot of Community-Based Prisoner Reentry Programs, will be distributed at each of our events to interested attendees.
Navigating the Road to Reentry Community Events:
Ex-offender Reentry to the Lower Eastern Shore
A Community Screening & Discussion Event
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
1225 Mount Hermon Road ( View Map)
Salisbury MD 21802
Join MPT and Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake at an open public forum about reentry on the Lower Shore. Panelists will lead a discussion on how better reentry programs leads to better public safety. Admission is free. Space is limited.
Please bring donations of business/interview attire and accessories to benefit the job training and placement programs of the Goodwill Lower Shore Career Development Center in Salisbury.
RSVP and more information: Tammy Donaway (410) 219-9118
- Juvenile Reentry: A Community Screening & Panel Discussion Event, March 23, 2005, Westside Youth Opportunity Center, Baltimore, MD
- Out From Behind the Fence premiere screening, November 17, 2004, Howard Community College, Columbia MD
- Reentering Mothers & Their Children screening & discussion, December 1, 2004, Sojourner Douglass College, Baltimore MD
- Intergenerational Impacts of Reentry screening & discussion, December 16, 2004, WHUT-TV, Howard University, Washington, DC
- Reentry Career Fair, January 14, 2005, Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake headquarters, Baltimore MD
For more information on these, or other outreach events, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake
Maryland Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services Mayor's Office of Employment Development
Westside Youth Opportunity Center