Ways to Pay for College
What career path lies ahead for you? There are countless great jobs out there, but for many of them you'll need a college degree, and the cost of higher education can cause sticker shock. So how do you plan to pay your college bills?
Join host Mario Armstrong as he guides you through the many twists and turns of finding money for college. Meet financial pros and watch several student success stories as you consider careers and which school is right for you. What fits your budget? Do the financial aid numbers add up? And can you avoid going into debt with student loans?
There are billions of dollars available that you can apply for if you know what to do and where to look. Find out how to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid - the FAFSA - and hear from financial aid counselors as they explain government and private aid, from grants to scholarships and loans.
For one-on-one financial aid advice, email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or join us October 5th for a virtual screening and the chance to chat with financial aid advisors!
WATCH LIVESTREAM | SEPTEMBER 30 at 7pm on MPT-HD
Ways to Pay for College: September 30, 2021
Join Mario Armstrong as he guides you through the twists and turns of finding money for college, and meet Maryland students as they share their own financial aid success stories. This hour special contains interviews with college financial aid advisors and experts that can answer viewer questions.
Can't tune in on September 30? NO PROBLEM!
Join us for a virtual screening of
Ways to Pay for College
Plus: chat live with financial aid experts!
Tuesday, October 5 at 7:00 pm
RSVP HERE: https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/zqsz9
Ways to Pay for College is produced by Maryland Public Television in cooperation with:
Support for this program was provided by:
Sponsored in part by:
Maryland Colleges and Universities
Four-year Public Colleges and Universities
- BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY (www.bowiestate.edu)
- COPPIN STATE UNIVERSITY (www.coppin.edu)
- FROSTBURG STATE UNIVERSITY (www.frostburg.edu)
- SALISBURY UNIVERSITY (www.salisbury.edu)
- TOWSON UNIVERSITY (www.towson.edu)
- UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE (www.ubalt.edu)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, BALTIMORE (www.umaryland.edu)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY (www.umbc.edu)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, COLLEGE PARK (www.umd.edu)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, EASTERN SHORE (www.umes.edu)
- UNIVERSITY SYSTEM OF MARYLAND, HAGERSTOWN (www.hagerstown.usmd.edu)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND CENTER FOR ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE (www.umces.edu)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE (www.umuc.edu)
- MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (www.morgan.edu)
- ST. MARY'S COLLEGE OF MARYLAND (www.smcm.edu)
- UNIFORMED SERVICES UNIVERSITY OF THE HEALTH SCIENCES (www.usuhs.mil)
- UNITED STATES NAVAL ACADEMY (www.usna.edu)
- UNIVERSITIES AT SHADY GROVE (www.shadygrove.umd.edu)
- ALLEGANY COLLEGE OF MARYLAND (www.allegany.edu)
- ANNE ARUNDEL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (www.aacc.edu)
- BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (www.bccc.edu)
- CARROLL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (www.carrollcc.edu)
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF BALTIMORE COUNTY (www.ccbcmd.edu/)
- CECIL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (www.cecil.edu)
- COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN MARYLAND (www.csmd.edu)
- CHESAPEAKE COLLEGE (www.chesapeake.edu)
- FREDERICK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (www.frederick.edu)
- GARRETT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (www.garrettcollege.edu)
- HAGERSTOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (www.hagerstowncc.edu)
- HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (www.harford.edu)
- HOWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (www.howardcc.edu)
- MONTGOMERY COLLEGE (www.montgomerycollege.edu)
- PRINCE GEORGE'S COMMUNITY COLLEGE (www.pgcc.edu)
- WOR-WIC COMMUNITY COLLEGE (www.worwic.edu)
Four-year Independent Colleges and Universities
- CAPITOL COLLEGE (www.capitol-college.edu)
- GOUCHER COLLEGE (www.goucher.edu)
- HOOD COLLEGE (www.hood.edu)
- THE JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY (www.jhu.edu)
- THE JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY PEABODY INSTITUTE (www.peabody.jhu.edu)
- LOYOLA UNIVERSITY MARYLAND (www.loyola.edu)
- MARYLAND INSTITUTE COLLEGE OF ART (www.mica.edu)
- MARYLAND UNIVERSITY OF INTEGRATIVE HEALTH (www.muih.edu)
- McDANIEL COLLEGE (www.mcdaniel.edu)
- MOUNT SAINT MARY'S UNIVERSITY (www.msmary.edu)
- NER ISRAEL RABBINICAL COLLEGE (www.hebrewcollege.edu/rabbinical)
- NOTRE DAME OF MARYLAND UNIVERSITY (www.ndm.edu)
- ST. JOHN'S COLLEGE (www.stjohnscollege.edu)
- ST. MARY'S SEMINARY AND UNIVERSITY (www.stmarys.edu)
- STEVENSON UNIVERSITY (www.stevenson.edu) (formerly Villa Julie College)
- WASHINGTON ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY (www.wau.edu)
- WASHINGTON COLLEGE (www.washcoll.edu)
Two-Year Independent Colleges
- PURDUE UNIVERSITY GLOBAL (www.purdueglobal.edu/campus-locations/hagerstown-maryland/) (formerly Hagerstown Business College)
- THE SCHOOL OF ART + DESIGN AT MONTGOMERY COLLEGE (www.montgomerycollege.edu/schoolofartanddesign)
- SEAFARERS HARRY LUNDEBERG SCHOOL OF SEAMANSHIP (www.seafarers.org)
Online Colleges and Universities
Useful Financial Aid Links
Note: The links on this page are provided for information purposes. MPT is not responsible for the accuracy of their content.
- Begin your financial aid search here!
FAFSA.gov is a free website. Beware of websites that charge fees.
- Maryland Higher Education Commission Official website for information on financial aid from the state of Maryland.
Learn everything you need to know about the variety of financial aid resources available to students and parents.
Free scholarship and college search agent that matches your background against its database of over 600,000 scholarships.
- Embark (www.princetonreview.com)
Tools, scholarship search, and advice to help students and parents master the financial aid process.
- U.S. Department of Education - Financial Aid page
Official website for information on financial aid from the federal government.
- Maryland National Guard
Provides an alternative form of financial aid.
- The College Board
Click on Paying for College!
- Peterson's/Thomson Learning
Features financial aid calculators and search engines for scholarships
Formerly known as the College Savings Plans of Maryland, this independent State agency has two plans - The Maryland Prepaid College Trust and The Maryland College Investment Plan managed by T. Rowe Price.