Tips for Guests
Tips for Guests Joining MPT Programs via Zoom or Skype
- The basics... have some light on your face, avoid having a bright window behind you, and try to elevate the camera so it's near eye-level.
- Placing a few books under a laptop works well.
- Zoom can superimpose virtual backgrounds, but that does not look good on TV.
- Avoid wearing all white.
- For men, a tie and/or sport coat add to a professional look.
- If using a cell phone or tablet it should be positioned horizontally and placed on a solid surface.
- Ethernet delivers a better connection than wifi which is better than cellular.
- It's best if there aren't too many other applications running on the device and if there aren't other people using a lot of data on the same connection at the same time (video games, video streaming.)
- If possible, please have either wired earbuds (the kind with a built-in microphone) or airpods available if needed for audio quality.
We're always glad to do a pre-interview camera and sound check.
Thank you for your consideration!